All professionals, both Social Services with all their projects, CAVI and older, intensify their work these days in order to meet the needs of all people who, in this situation of confinement caused by COVID-19 , present different needs.
Efforts are being doubled during this period of alarm in order to create the necessary resources to cope with the social situation caused by the pandemic.
Despite the fact that the facilities remain closed, attention is maintained to the public through telephone and telework.
So, from the day the alarm status was decreed, the following attentions have been made:
- A total of 936 telephone calls have been attended / made by the Social Services Center and the needs of 412 families have been met.
- A total of 205 calls have been answered / made by the elderly, in addition to the 192 calls made by the company in charge of telecare for the elderly, which were made with the aim of detecting possible situations of social vulnerability and / or isolation.
- A total of 121 telephone calls have been answered / made by the CAVI and all the women who have asked for help and / or information have been answered.
Once the needs arising from this situation have been detected and assessed, a series of exceptional devices have been put in place to alleviate the situation of the residents as much as possible.
Among other actions, the following have been carried out:
- Coverage through a home delivery company to all minors in a situation of social vulnerability (34 minors belonging to families in a precarious situation).
In this sense, meals or financial aid have also been processed for all those minors who have been granted dining room scholarships by the Ministry of Education.
Of these (68), 27 who accepted the service are receiving meals and for the rest, aid is being arranged for the amount of the scholarship they have been granted for the days of confinement.
- Coverage of the need for food through a home-based food company for 22 adults, of whom 9 belong to groups of elderly people and 13 to the population in a precarious situation.
- Distribution of non-perishable food and hygiene and cleaning products for families in situations of social vulnerability, so far a total of 62 families through youth groups and Civil Protection.
- Volunteer service in collaboration with the Department of Youth, which collaborates in the preparation of food deliveries and in caring for the elderly, carrying out tasks of telephone support, purchases, collection of prescriptions and medications, etc.
- Installation of a complete accommodation resource for homeless people, in order that they can carry the confinement in an adequate way.
This resource has 10 beds installed, of which, to date, there are 7 beds. The Red Cross collaborated with the launch of this resource, which has provided beds, blankets and cleaning kits.
- Telephone psychological attention by the professionals of the Center.
- Coordination with the Red Cross and Caritas, which, although it is done on a regular basis, these days is being more intense in order to give the greatest possible coverage to the situations of need posed by the citizens.
- Intensification of the Telecare Service.
- Home help service to care for elderly people who lack supports and who have important care needs.
Work continues for citizens.
Queries can be made by calling the telephone numbers:
968760800 social services extensions: 1604, 1605, 1606, 1607, 1609, 1608, 1609, 1621. CAVI extensions: 1614, 1616, 1620. Senior extension: 1608 or telephone 968112900.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Cieza